Designed by Donald Ross in 1924, the championship 18-hole course at the Linville Golf Club is open mid-may to mid-Oct to members and to guests of The Eseeola Lodge. Players are surrounded by breathtaking mountain scenery and a creek that winds its way across the beautifully conditioned fairways. As challenging as it is stunning, the Linville Golf Club is one of the most esteemed in North Carolina:
* Greatest 100 Holes of Golf (The Par 4 third hole) — Golfweek
* Recognized for Excellence - America's Top Rated Golf Courses
(Course: 28, Facilities: 24, Service: 25, Value: 28) — ZAGAT Survey 2006/2007
* Best Courses You Can Play in NC (2011) #3 -- Golfweek
*Best Resort Courses (2012) #36 -- Golfweek
* Top Courses in NC (2012) #13 -- Business North Carolina
* Top Courses in NC , Western Region (2012) #4 -- Business North Carolina
*Best Collection of Par 5s, Western Region (2012) #5 -- Business North Carolina
* First Round: $120
* Second Round (same day): $60
Green fees include cart
Mountain Golf Packages:
Spring: $275 per person double occupancy
$425 per person single occupancy
Fall: $300 per person double occupancy
$450 per person single occupancy
Spring: $325 per person double occupancy
$475 per person single occupancy
Fall: $350 per person double occupancy
$500 per person single occupancy
Package rates are per person per night.
Packages include lodging, breakfast, dinner, resort service charge and one round of golf with cart for each night stayed. Tax, range balls, a la carte food and beverages, and other services are not included..
The resort also includes a pro shop, with a PGA teaching pro available daily to help guests improve their game.